Ishika Patel

From the news room to the tennis court

Sophomores+showing+up+%2F%2F+Ishika+has+brought+so+much+liveliness+to+the+News+Staff+this+year.+Even+though+she+was+one+of+the+younger+staff+members%2C+she+still+stepped+up+to+lead+her+peers+when+she+needed+to.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Ishika Patel

Sophomores showing up // Ishika has brought so much liveliness to the News Staff this year. Even though she was one of the younger staff members, she still stepped up to lead her peers when she needed to.

Kassidy Turner, Editor-In-Chief

Nearing my final days serving as the Heath News Editor in Chief, I wanted to highlight some of my staff that helped bring our publication to life this past year. Ishika has been so fun to have on staff with us this year. Her kindness, determination, and willingness to get it done has influenced others around her, and I’ve absolutely loved having a front row seat to the positive impact she has on those around her.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

What’s your name and grade?

“I’m Ishika Patel, and I’m a sophomore.”

Who is the most influential person to you at Heath?

“Mrs. Blair, the dance teacher, because she is a good person to talk to and she makes her students feel comfortable. She is more than a friend than a teacher and I respect that.”

What has been the happiest moment for you in high school?

“The happiest moment for me in high school is not just a single moment, it’s meeting new people and building relationships with them.”

What would someone be surprised to know about your high school years?

“People would be surprised to know that I play tennis outside of school.”

What’s been your favorite thing about serving on the Newspaper staff?

“My favorite thing about serving on the News staff is that I met people that became really good friends of mine and it feels good to be apart of a team.”