Emerson Witherspoon

Spending time in the theatre

Lights%2C+camera%2C+action+%2F%2F+Theatre+serves+as+a+big+part+of+Emersons+school+life+but+it+is+not+just+limited+to+school.+Theatre%2C+for+her%2C+extends+into+her+life+outside+of+Heath+High++and+she+enjoys+it.+Theatre+for+me+is+a+great+way+for+me+to+be+myself+and+act+with+my+friends.+Its+a+really+fun+and+enjoyable+time+and+Im+so+glad+I+did+it%2C+said+Emerson+Witherspoon%2C+sophomore.+

Lights, camera, action // Theatre serves as a big part of Emerson’s school life but it is not just limited to school. Theatre, for her, extends into her life outside of Heath High and she enjoys it. “Theatre for me is a great way for me to be myself and act with my friends. It’s a really fun and enjoyable time and I’m so glad I did it,” said Emerson Witherspoon, sophomore.

Ishika Patel , Writer

What is your name and grade?

My name is Emerson Witherspoon and i’m a Sophomore.”

Who is the most influential person to you at Heath?

I’d say the most influential person at Heath for me is Mr.Grigsby. He’s one of those figures you find in life who you really look up to as a friend but also a mentor/teacher.”

What has been the happiest moment for you in high school?

I’ve had a lot of happy moments, but I think the happiest was making Varsity Theater  (Centerstage) last year. I had thought it was a long shot originally.”

What would someone be surprised to know about your high school years?

I feel like people would be surprised to hear that I’ve done well by kind of winging everything. I don’t slack off, but i definitely don’t take things too seriously and it’s seemed to work out.”

How do you plan on spending your four-day weekend?

On Friday morning, we’re having a Centerstage volleyball game, and I’d planned on maybe writing some music with people. Other than that it’s a Netflix type of weekend.”