Black History Month

Events to attend

Back to Article
Back to Article

Black History Month

Night life// Dallas is home to many resturaunts, activities, and events. This month, it is a showcase for Black History Month. Head on downtown to see what you can learn.

Night life// Dallas is home to many resturaunts, activities, and events. This month, it is a showcase for Black History Month. Head on downtown to see what you can learn. "This museum, The African American Museum located at Fair Park in Dallas, is the only one in the southwestern part of the U.S. dedicated to the preservation and showcase of African American historical materials including folk art and other visual art forms," said The Beat, out of DFW.

Abby Woloss, Opinions Editor

Black History Month officially began when the clock struck midnight on the last day of January. February is known for a handful of eventful traditions and activities: Chinese New Year on the fifth, Valentines Day, President’s Day, and Groundhog’s Day, a fan favorite of many little tots. However, likely the most prominent day, or more so 28 days in the nation is that of Black History Month.

Though a little longer drive for most students attending school, Dallas is home to many events occurring this month regarding Black History Month. Many activities have passed, but many are still continuing through the rest of February. So if anyone wants to find something fun and interesting to do, head on out to…

There are so many events to attend during this historic month, and many people should try and do something to divulge themselves in a culture that has shaped the world we live in today.