No mor chikin

How the Rockwall Chick-Fil-A remodel is impacting Heath students

Back to Article
Back to Article

No mor chikin

Why the cow didn’t cross the road // Many students choose Chick-Fil-A over other options in Rockwall, and it’s been voted Rockwall’s favorite Fast-Food Establishment in the Blue Ribbon News 2 years in a row. “I usually go to Chick-Fil-A four to six times a week,” said Sarah Fields.

Kassidy Turner, Editor-In-Chief

The city of Rockwall is in a panic as their beloved chicken establishment temporarily closes.

On February 8th, Chick-Fil-A on Ridge Road in Rockwall will be closing for a month to under-go a remodel of their facilities. The entire establishment will be shutting down, and Rockwallians will be without Chick-Fil-A until March 12th.

As part of a daily ritual, many Rockwall-Heath kids grab Chick-Fil-A on their way to and from school, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

“It’s my happy place and comfort food 24/7” said freshman, Sarah Fields.

The shutdown of Chick-Fil-A Rockwall for the next month will be felt by many who are ‘frequent flyers’ of the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru line.

“This changes everything because I go so often,” included Sarah. “I go every Wednesday before church and most Saturday mornings with my dad, so that will probably change the most.”

However, Heath kids feel that the upgrade of the Rockwall establishment was needed, as many Chick-Fil-A’s around the country are less outdated and bigger than Rockwall’s.

“I think the expansion of our Chick-Fil-A will be beneficial, but closing for an entire month is probably a little unnecessary,” said sophomore Courtney Thompson.

As February 8th nears, Rockwallians are grabbing their last ‘fix’ in order to savor the last taste of Chick-Fil-A chicken they’ll have for an entire month. It looks like trying new things is on the menu for Rockwall/Heath, but nothing could ever replace the beloved Chick-Fil-A chicken.

“I feel like if the city of Rockwall had a local religion, it would be Chick-Fil-A,” said Camron “Cheeseburger” Green, senior.