We’re in the Endgame now

22 movies in the making, all leading up to one

Back to Article
Back to Article

We’re in the Endgame now

Avengers Assemble // Marvel, in wake of the new movie, released a slogan prompting people to not spoil the end of the movie and the end of the Avengers saga.

Avengers Assemble // Marvel, in wake of the new movie, released a slogan prompting people to not spoil the end of the movie and the end of the Avengers saga. "If I see a spoiler, I might hurt someone," said one student in the halls.

Kassidy Turner, Editor-In-Chief

Friday, April 26th is a date that’s been on every Marvel fan’s calendar since last April. After the release of the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s latest movie, Avengers: Infinity War, avid fans haven’t been able to contain their excitement for the movie ending the Avengers series.

Back in 2008, Marvel introduced a world to their Cinematic Universe through the first Iron Man movie. The movies are based on Superhero comics released in the 1980s and 90s. After the release of Iron Man, Marvel released other Superheroes origin stories, but developed a plan to tie them all together through the Avengers movies. As of April 26th, Avengers: Endgame will be the fourth Avengers movie, and the 22nd Marvel movie.

Obviously, fans love Marvel movies. Avengers: Endgame will be no different than the rest. For fans like Owen Higbee, these movies have defined his childhood and his life.

“I love Marvel movies because I have been a Marvel fan for as long as I can remember,” said Owen. “The movies are really fun and exciting and always keep me interested.”

Gearing up for the movie, entire theaters have been sold out a month in advance. Avengers: Infinity War was one of the highest grossing films of all time.

“Me and some friends bought out the entire back row at the first showing. I have to race from work to make sure I don’t miss anything,” included Owen.

These movies define traditions and mark celebrations in people’s lives. They mean so much more to people than what’s perceived at first glance.

“I just ask whoever I am with[during the movie] to not talk to me or ask me any questions. If they do, they get punched in the shoulder, and it’s only happened once for a reason.”

Just like the characters in the films, it seems as though we’re in the endgame now on this series of Marvel movies. Go see them. Take the time to watch them and appreciate the hope and escape they’ve offered others. It’s worth your time.

“[Endgame] is an ending to the story that has been 10 years in the making,” concluded Owen.